Just below the Alice Cook house where we dance is a road that has meetered parking. But the meters are free after 4:30pm tonight , and all through the weekend.
The road just above Alice Cook house also has much free parking on the weekend.
One important warning: Don’t park at signs that have a moon on them!
Dear dancers, Ithaca is Gorges. Here is a concise list of useful links for your daily leisure activities during your stay in Ithaca:
– Best Western University Inn (1020 Ellis Hollow Road, Ithaca, New York, 14850)
– The DORM Hotel (518 Stewart Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850)
– Canopy by Hilton Ithaca Downtown (324 E State St, Ithaca, NY 14850)
– Gimme Coffee (best in town)
Wine Tours & Wine Tasting:
– Six Mile Creek Vineyard
– Ithaca Waterfalls are “Gorges”
– Ithaca Falls (5 minutes from venue, near Ithaca High School)
– Treman State park (can swim in a lower park waterfall, beautiful trail in upper entrance with access to Lucifer fall)
– Taugannock State Parks (beautiful view from upper deck, walk-in access from the lower park entrance)
– Waterfront walk trail
– Gorges Trails: Buttermilk, Treman State Parks
– Kayak: within lake intake
– Boat tours: (1-hour or 2-hour tours over Cayuga Lake)